In this article we will explain what is and how to create or use a snippet.
Snippets are short, reusable text blocks that can be used on contact, company, deal and ticket records; in email templates; in chat conversations; and when logging an activity or note.
If you want to create reusable emails, learn more about the templates tool.
Please note: users without a paid seat can view, edit, and use the first five snippets in a HubSpot account if they have sales or service access. You can view the total number of snippets that have already been created in your account in the top right corner on the snippets dashboard. Learn more about these limits in HubSpot's Product & Services catalog.
Create a snippet
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Snippets.
- In the upper right corner, click Create snippet.
- In the dialog box, in the Internal name field, enter a name for the snippet.
- Enter the body of your snippet in the Snippet text section.
Please note: there is a 2,500 character limit per snippet. If your snippet includes a language with double-byte characters, such as Japanese, you may reach the limit with less than 2,500 characters.
- To modify the text, use the formatting options at the bottom of the editing window.
- To edit the font style and size, or edit the text alignment, click the More dropdown menu.
- To add hyperlinked text, click the link icon link.
- To include personalisation tokens in your snippet, click the Personalise dropdown menu. Learn more about adding personalisation tokens to your snippet.
- Enter a name for the snippet shortcut in the Shortcut section. This shortcut will be used to insert the snippet in a record, email template, live chat conversation, or when logging an activity.
- When you've finished creating your snippet, click Save snippet.
Please note: creating a snippet with curly brackets instead of personalisation tokens causes issues with HubSpot's template rendering service. Remove any curly brackets to save the snippet.
You can also organise your snippets into folders:
- On the Snippets dashboard, click New folder.
- In the dialog box, enter a name for your folder, then click Add folder.
- To move a snippet into a folder, hover over the snippet and click the More dropdown menu, then select Move. In the dialog box, select a folder to move the snippet to, then click Move.
Use snippets to leave notes about prospects in the CRM, quickly pull in important details when writing an email to a prospect, or as quick responses during a live chat conversation. You can also insert a snippet when logging an activity or leaving a comment on a record using the HubSpot mobile app for Android. There are two ways to add a snippet:
- Type the # symbol into the text editor. Start typing the snippet shortcut, then select the snippet from the dropdown menu. The snippet will automatically populate in the text editor.
- At the bottom of the text editor, click the snippets icon, then select a snippet from the dropdown menu.