This article provides an overview of how the HubSpot navigation is organised. In HubSpot, tools are grouped together based on how they support your business processes. Let's have a look:
Difference between contacts, deals and companies:
Contacts = Individual clients
Deals= Directly linked to a contact, this is your opportunity, project, sale etc
Companies = Is an umbrella for contacts within the same company
For example, (Contact) Sally, (Deal) CRM build for Sally, (Company) Sally Incorporated
More information of each menu tap:
- Contacts: index pages and tools related to contacts, companies, and your interactions. Click this menu to navigate to Contacts, Companies, Calls, the Activity Feed, Lists, and Target Accounts.
- Conversations: a central space for all of your direct communication with your contacts. Click this menu to navigate to your Inbox to track engagements, Chatflows, Snippets, and Templates.
- Marketing: marketing tools for content, conversions, and strategy. Click this menu to navigate to Ads, Email, Landing Pages, Social, Website, Campaigns, Files and Templates, Lead Capture, and Planning and Strategy. Menu items with a right arrow iconrighthave additional child items.
- Sales: your sales-specific tools. Click this menu to navigate to Deals, Forecast, Tasks, Documents, Meetings, Playbooks, and Quotes.
- Service: your service-specific tools. Click this menu to navigate to Tickets, Feedback Surveys, and Knowledge Base.
- Automation: tools to automate your marketing, sales, and service processes. Click this menu to navigate to Sequences and Workflows.
- Reports: a central space to analyze trends across all of your HubSpot tools. Click this menu to navigate to Analytics Tools, Dashboards, and Reports.
- Analytics Tools: includes Traffic Analytics, Website Analytics, Campaign Analytics, Events, Sales Content Analytics (for your sequences, templates, and documents), Competitors, Links, Prospects, and Tracking URL Builder.